Jeff Mauro’s fried shrimp recipe is a quick and easy dish that can be served as an appetizer or main course. To make the dish, you’ll need one pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined; 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; 2 eggs, beaten; 1/4 cup cornstarch; 2 tablespoons mayonnaise; 1 teaspoon garlic powder; 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs; kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and cornstarch.
In another shallow bowl whisk together the egg with mayonnaise until well blended. In a third shallow bowl mix together the panko breadcrumbs with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip each piece of shrimp into the egg mixture then roll in flour mixture until evenly coated on both sides.
Then dip it back into egg mixture again before rolling it in panko crumb mixture to coat completely on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about two minutes before adding prepared shrimp in batches without overcrowding pan until golden brown on both sides (about two minutes per side). Transfer cooked shrimp onto paper towels lined plate to drain excess oil before serving hot!
If you’re looking for a delicious seafood dish to add some flavor to your dinner table, try Jeff Mauro’s Fried Shrimp Recipe! This simple and quick recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family – it’s packed with flavor from the garlic, parsley and Old Bay seasoning. Plus, it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish so you can get dinner on the table quickly without sacrificing taste.
Q1: What Ingredients Do You Need for Jeff Mauro’S Fried Shrimp Recipe
Jeff Mauro’s Fried Shrimp Recipe requires the following ingredients:
* 2 lbs. peeled and deveined medium shrimp
* 1 cup all-purpose flour * 2 teaspoons garlic powder * 1 teaspoon paprika
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste * Vegetable oil, for frying In addition to these ingredients, you’ll also need a few kitchen staples such as eggs, milk and butter.
Q2: How Long Does It Take to Make This Fried Shrimp Recipe
It takes about 35 minutes to make this fried shrimp recipe. Here are the steps required:
* Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
* Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. * Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper; cook until pink, 2–3 minutes per side. * Remove from heat; stir in parsley and serve immediately.
Q3: Is There an Alternative Way to Prepare the Shrimp Other Than Frying
Yes, there are many alternative ways to prepare shrimp.
• Boiling: Boil the shrimp in a pot of salted water for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
• Grilling: Marinate the shrimp with olive oil and spices before grilling over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side.
• Baking: Cover a baking sheet with foil, then spread out the marinated shrimp on top and bake at 425°F (218°C) for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. These alternatives offer an equally delicious way to enjoy your favorite seafood dish without deep frying!
How to Make Crunchy Fried Shrimp | Easy Shrimp Recipe | Get Cookin’ | Allrecipes.com
This Jeff Mauro Fried Shrimp Recipe is an easy and delicious way to make a classic favorite. Not only does it taste great, but the ingredients are simple and cost effective, making this recipe accessible for anyone. With its crispy golden exterior, juicy interior, and signature seasonings, you can be sure that this dish will quickly become a household favorite!