Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for Roast Goose with Orange Gravy is a classic dish. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and rubbing the goose with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme. Place in a roasting pan and roast for about 2 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt some butter then add shallots, carrots, celery and orange zest. Cook until softened then stir in flour to form a paste-like consistency before stirring in chicken stock slowly while whisking constantly to avoid lumps forming.
Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat, cover pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until thickened. Add orange juice combined with cornstarch slurry (cornstarch mixed with water) before simmering further for five minutes more or until gravy has reached desired thickness season as needed before pouring into jug or bowl ready to serve alongside your roasted goose!
Gordon Ramsay is renowned for his culinary prowess and delicious recipes, and this Goose Recipe is no exception. Richly flavoured with juniper berries, garlic, celery, bay leaves, thyme and rosemary – it’s a dish that will tantalise your taste buds. The succulent goose meat pairs perfectly with the subtle game flavours of the herbs to create an unforgettable feast that you’ll be wanting more of!
Q: What Ingredients are Needed to Make Gordon Ramsay’S Goose Recipe
To make Gordon Ramsay’s Goose recipe, you need the following ingredients:
* 4lb goose
* 2 teaspoons of salt
* 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper * 4 tablespoons of butter or oil * 2 cloves of garlic.
In addition, you’ll need a roasting tray and oven to cook the dish.
You Will Also Need Wine Or Chicken Stock for Basting
Basting is an essential part of roasting, and requires the right ingredients. You will need:
– Wine or chicken stock
– Salt and pepper to season – Herbs or spices you like (optional) These liquids help keep your food moist while it cooks, adding flavor in the process.
Make sure to baste often for best results!
Q: How Long Does It Take to Cook Gordon Ramsay’S Goose Recipe
It takes approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes to cook Gordon Ramsay’s Goose Recipe. The steps include:
• Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
• Place the goose in a roasting tin, breast side up. • Roast for 2½ – 3 hours, basting occasionally with pan juices. • Increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C) and continue roasting until golden brown, about 1½-2 hours more.
Once cooked through remove from the oven and let it rest before serving.
The Cooking Time May Vary Depending on the Size of Your Bird And Oven Temperature Used
The cooking time of your bird will depend on its size and the temperature of your oven. To ensure a perfectly cooked turkey, consider these factors:
* The weight and shape of the bird.
Heavier birds take longer to cook than smaller ones, so adjust accordingly. * Preheat your oven to the specified temperature before putting in the turkey. This helps ensure even cooking throughout.
* Use an instant read thermometer or other appropriate device to check that it is properly cooked through before serving.
Q: Is There a Special Technique Required When Making This Recipe
Yes, there is a special technique required when making this recipe. The technique used ensures that the dish turns out delicious and flavorful every time. Below are the steps to ensure you get it just right:
– Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. – Grease and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal later on. – In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients such as flour, sugar, salt, etc., whisking together until combined.
– Melt butter in the microwave and add wet ingredients such as eggs and vanilla extract into melted butter using a spatula or wooden spoon until well combined. – Add wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredient mixture slowly while stirring gently to avoid over mixing the batter which can affect texture of finished product negatively. Following these simple steps will help make sure your recipe comes out perfectly every time!
Additionally You Should ‘Baste’ Or Pour Some Liquid Over the Top of Your Bird Every 30 Minutes During Cooking As This Will Help Keep It Moist And Flavourful
Basting your bird is an important step in ensuring it cooks evenly and stays juicy. Here are the key steps for basting:
– Collect the juices from the bottom of your cooking pan.
– Using a spoon, pour or brush this liquid over the top of your bird every 30 minutes throughout cooking. – Doing so will keep moisture locked inside and enhance its flavour.
Gordon Ramsay – Spiced christmas goose
This Gordon Ramsay goose recipe is a perfect way to prepare your Christmas dinner. With its delicious flavor and simple instructions, you are sure to please the whole family. Not only that, but this dish is also full of nutrients and vitamins that will help keep everyone feeling their best throughout the festive season.
Whether it’s for a special occasion or just an everyday meal, this tasty recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all!