Erick Erickson’s Gumbo Recipe is a classic Southern dish that combines slow-simmered chicken and sausage with onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, okra, and tomatoes. The recipe also calls for bay leaves and thyme for seasoning as well as file powder to thicken the gumbo. To make this delicious meal start by sautéing diced onion in oil until it begins to soften then add diced bell pepper and celery.
Once those vegetables are softened add garlic (minced), tomato paste and chopped okra then cook the mixture for several minutes until fragrant. Next add chicken broth or stock plus bay leaves and thyme then bring everything to a low simmer. Finally add cubed chicken pieces along with smoked sausage cut into small slices before stirring in some file powder at the end of cooking time.
Serve over cooked white rice or with crusty French bread on the side! Enjoy!
Erick Erickson is a renowned chef from Louisiana who has become well-known for his flavorful gumbo recipe. He uses only the freshest ingredients, including okra, shrimp, chicken and sausage to create a soulful soup that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds! The secret to Erick’s delicious gumbo lies in its long simmer time—allowing all of the flavors to blend together and creating an unforgettable dish that will leave you wanting more.
Q: What Ingredients are Needed to Make Erick Erickson’S Gumbo Recipe
Erick Erickson’s gumbo recipe requires the following ingredients:
• 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 2 cups chopped onions • 1 ½ cups diced bell peppers • ¾ cup diced celery stalks
• 5 cloves garlic, minced • 6 cups low sodium chicken broth • 3 bay leaves
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves • 2 teaspoons paprika • 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper • 12 ounces kielbasa sausage, sliced into ½ inch rounds • 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into ½ inch rounds • 3 pounds frozen cooked shrimp in shells, thawed and deveined. All these ingredients are needed to make Erick Erickson’s delicious gumbo recipe.
You’Ll Also Need a Pinch of Cayenne Pepper And Salt to Taste
You’ll need a pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste for your recipe.
Here is a list of things you need for the recipe:
• Cayenne Pepper
• Salt Both ingredients are essential in enhancing the flavor of the dish, so make sure to include them when cooking.
Q: How Long Does It Take to Cook Erick Erickson’S Gumbo Recipe
Erick Erickson’s Gumbo Recipe takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes to prepare:
• Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot.
• Cook over medium-high heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for an additional 40 minutes. Finally, stir in remaining seasonings and serve with warm crusty bread or over cooked white rice. Enjoy!
The Onions Should Be Translucent before Adding the Other Ingredients And the Sausage Should Be Cooked Through Prior to Serving
• Onions: Before adding other ingredients, cook onions until they are translucent.
• Sausage: Cook sausage throughly before serving.
Both steps are important in ensuring the dish is cooked properly and safe to consume.
Taking the time to make sure all ingredients have been cooked appropriately will help you create a delicious meal.
Vallery Lomas' Jambalaya Recipe
Overall, this Erick Erickson Gumbo Recipe is a great way to bring the flavors of Louisiana cuisine into your own kitchen. With its combination of classic Cajun spices, savory seafood, and flavorful sausage and vegetables, it is sure to become a favorite for you and your family. With just a little bit of preparation and plenty of patience while simmering, you’ll have an incredibly delicious gumbo that will be remembered long after the last bowl has been cleared away.