Chicken Mechado is a Filipino dish that consists of chicken pieces cooked in tomato sauce with potatoes, carrots and olives. It has a unique sweet-sour taste that many Filipinos love.
Ingredients needed to prepare this dish include: 500 grams of chicken cut into serving size pieces, 5 cloves garlic minced, 1 onion diced, 2 tomatoes chopped finely, 2 tablespoons fish sauce or patis (optional), 1 teaspoon paprika powder, ½ cup all purpose cream (optional), ¼ cup soy sauce and 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
You can also add some bell peppers or green peas if desired. To prepare the Chicken Mechado first heat the oil in a pan over medium heat then sauté the onions until they become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute before adding the chicken pieces followed by herbs and spices like paprika powder for flavor.
Cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally then add tomatoes and fish/patis sauces along with soy sauce to give it an added depth of flavour. Simmer on low heat covered until meat is tender then pour in cream which will make your mechado richly creamy but optional if you want to omit it from recipe . Finally serve hot with steamed rice as accompaniment!
This Chicken Mechado recipe is a classic Filipino dish that combines juicy chicken thighs and flavorful tomato sauce. The chicken pieces are simmered in the rich, garlicky and savory sauce, resulting in tender meat with a tangy yet mild flavor. Serve this dish over steamed rice for a complete meal.
It’s sure to be enjoyed by everyone at your dinner table!
Q: What Ingredients are Used to Make Chicken Mechado
Chicken mechado is a Filipino stew of chicken simmered in tomato sauce. Its main ingredients are:
* Onion * Garlic * Tomato Sauce
* Soy sauce * Bay Leaves and other spices such as pepper, oregano, thyme, paprika. Additionally, some recipes call for carrots, potatoes or bell peppers to add extra flavour and texture.
Other Ingredients Such As Potatoes And Carrots Can Also Be Added
Potatoes and carrots are two vegetables that can be added to a variety of dishes. These ingredients provide additional nutritional value, texture, and flavor.
* Potatoes: Rich in Vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and magnesium
* Carrots: High in Vitamin A, antioxidants, biotin & dietary fiber Both potatoes and carrots are versatile ingredients that can be cooked or enjoyed raw. They make an excellent addition to any meal!
Q: How Long Does It Take to Prepare the Dish
On average, it takes about 30 minutes to prepare the dish.
• Gather ingredients and equipment: 5 minutes
• Preheat oven: 10 minutes
• Prepare ingredients: 10 minutes • Assemble dish in baking pan/skillet: 5 minutes. Once all of these steps are complete, the dish is ready to be cooked and served.
Q: Is There a Way to Make This Dish Healthier
Yes, there are several ways to make this dish healthier.
– Choose leaner cuts of meat or substitute with plant-based proteins.
– Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour in the recipe.
– Replace one or more fatty ingredients with healthier alternatives like olive oil and low fat dairy products. – Add fresh vegetables for added nutrition and flavor. These simple changes can help you enjoy a delicious meal that is better for your health!
Additionally You Could Opt for Leaner Cuts of Meat Like Skinless Boneless Breasts Instead of Thighs
A great way to reduce the fat content in your meals is to opt for leaner cuts of meat. This includes skinless boneless breasts instead of thighs.
Benefits of choosing leaner cuts include:
– Lower levels of saturated fats and cholesterol – Reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke – A healthier overall diet.
Overall, this Chicken Mechado recipe is a delicious and flavorful meal that will leave your family begging for more. The savory taste of the tomato sauce mixed with the sweetness of the raisins gives it an incredible flavor. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make!
This dish also makes great leftovers which you can use in other meals throughout the week. So if you’re looking for something new to try out in your kitchen, give this Chicken Mechado recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!