To make Casa Bonita cheese enchiladas, you will need 12 corn tortillas, 2 cups of shredded cheese (Monterey jack or cheddar), 1 10-ounce can of red enchilada sauce, and ½ cup chopped onion. Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the onions; cook until softened.
Spread 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Dip each tortilla briefly into hot oil to soften it and then place on a plate; top with some cheese and onions. Roll up the filled tortillas and place them seam side down in the prepared dish.
Top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese before baking for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes (optional). Enjoy!
If you are looking for an easy and delicious enchilada recipe, try Casa Bonita’s Cheese Enchilada Recipe. This dish is made with a creamy cheese sauce, green chilies, and cilantro that combine together to create a flavorful and comforting meal. The cheese sauce gives the dish its signature richness while the green chilies add just enough spice to make it interesting.
Serve this as part of your next family dinner or use it as a base for other recipes like tacos or burritos!
Q1: What Ingredients are Needed to Make Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas
Ingredients needed to make Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas:
• 8-10 corn tortillas
• 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
• 1 can enchilada sauce • ¼ cup vegetable oil • Optional toppings (sour cream, extra cheese, etc.)
These ingredients are all that is necessary to prepare delicious and cheesy Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas. All of the items listed above will create a tasty meal that your family or friends can enjoy!
Q2: How Do You Prepare the Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas
Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas are a delicious Mexican dish. Preparing this meal is not difficult and requires the following steps:
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
• Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. • In a large bowl, combine 1 can of tomato sauce, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour; mix until smooth. • Spread half of the mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
• Arrange 6 whole wheat tortillas on top in an overlapping pattern. • Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese blend, diced onion and bell pepper; repeat layers once more using remaining ingredients except cheese blend. • Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
To finish off your Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas, sprinkle with 2 cups shredded cheese blend only during the last 5 minutes of baking time so that it melts nicely over the enchiladas before serving warm!
Add the Onions And Cook Until Translucent
• Add the onions to a pan with oil, over medium-high heat.
• Cook until they become translucent, stirring occasionally.
• Once done, remove the onions from the pan and use in your recipe.
Cooking onions until they are translucent is a crucial step in many recipes. It gives them a softer texture and milder flavor that can add depth to dishes.
Next Add the Garlic And Sauté for an Additional Minute
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add the oil and diced onion, sauté for two minutes.
• Then add the garlic and cook for an extra minute, stirring constantly.
This process will bring out the flavors of the garlic while cooking it to perfection!
Then Add Both Cheeses along With Chili Powder, Black Pepper And Cayenne Pepper (If Desired) to the Skillet And Combine Together Until Melted
Mix together two types of cheese to make a cheesy and delicious skillet dish.
• Add both cheeses to the skillet
• Season with chili powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if desired)
• Mix all ingredients until melted This simple combination of ingredients will create an amazing cheese-filled dish that your family is sure to love!
Heat Each Tortilla in a Separate Pan on Medium-High Heat for About 30 Seconds Per Side before Adding 3 Tablespoons of Cheese Mixture into Each One
To prepare the tortillas, heat each one in a separate pan on medium-high heat for 30 seconds per side. Once they are lightly browned and crisp, add 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture into each one.
Here is a quick summary of the steps:
– Heat tortilla in a pan on medium-high heat for 30 seconds per side. – Add 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture to each one. – Continue cooking until cheese has melted and tortillas are lightly browned and crisp.
Roll Them Up Tightly And Place Seam Side down into a Greased Baking Dish Then Pour Enchilada Sauce Over Top Evenly Coating All Sides of Each Burrito before Baking in Preheated Oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20 Minutes Or Until Golden Brown on Top
To bake burritos, follow these steps:
– Roll up the burrito tightly.
– Place seam side down into a greased baking dish.
– Pour enchilada sauce over top evenly coating all sides of each burrito. – Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy your delicious, homemade baked burritos!
Q3: Can I Substitute Any Other Type of Cheese When Making Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas
Yes, you can substitute other types of cheese when making Casa Bonita Cheese Enchiladas. Here are some good substitutes:
• Mozzarella – Mild and creamy.
• Monterey Jack – Mild in flavor with a slight hint of sweetness. • Cheddar – Sharp and full-flavored taste. • Gouda – Sweet, nutty flavor with a creamy texture.
Any of these cheeses will work well as a substitute for the original recipe, so feel free to experiment!
In conclusion, Casa Bonita’s Cheese Enchilada Recipe is a delicious and easy meal to put together. The combination of cheese and red chile sauce makes for a flavorful dish that will have your family wanting more. With only a few ingredients, this recipe is great for weeknight meals or game night snacks.
Try it tonight and enjoy the flavors of Casa Bonita!